Essar Ports Limited has invested in the expansion of existing ports and the setting up of new facilities:
The company's ports expansion projects -
Hazira, Gujarat, India
- A 20-million tonne all-weather deep draft port and jetty for import of iron ore, pellets, coal, limestone and export of finished steel products.
Salaya, Gujarat, India
- A 20-million tonne integrated terminal facility for handling coal and pet coke used in power plants.
Paradip, Orissa, India
- A 18-million tonne deep draft coal berth, as part of an agreement with the Paradip Port Trust to execute a build-operate-transfer project, with rights to operate the berth for 30 years.
Visakhapatnam , Andhra Pradesh , India
- Existing 16MMTPA Draft Iron-Ore Outer Harbour Berths (OB#1 and OB#2), to be expanded to 24 MMTPA as part of an agreement with the Visakhapatnam Port Trust through PPP on DBFOT Basis, with rights to operate the berth for 30 Years. Simultaneous “Operations & Up-Gradation” to be done over FY 16 & FY 17
- A 8 Million Tonne Depp Draft Iron-Ore Inner Harbour Berth (WQ#1), as part of an agreement with the Visakhapatnam Port Trust through PPP on DBFOT Basis, with rights to operate the berth for 30 Years
- A 20 MMTPA dry bulk terminal to be developed in two phases of MMTPA as a part of an agreement with the Government of Mozambique in the port of Beira on DBFOT basis with rights to operate for 30 years